Ranger Preview Day begins Saturday morning, Feb. 22.
“This is our largest spring recruitment,” Chris Gore, director of new student relations, said.
A change for Ranger Preview Day this year includes moving the event to February instead of April, because most seniors have already made their college decision before getting to visit KC.
Also, New Student Relations is allowing attendees to experience the city of Kilgore outside the campus. Many area businesses and restaurants plan to offer discounts to Ranger Preview Day attendees.
• 8 a.m. Student/Guest Check-in, Dodson Auditorium
New Student Relations and Ranger Ambassadors
• 8:30 a.m. Welcome, Dodson Auditorium, Trey Hattaway, director of Enrollment Management and Marketing
Dr. Bill Holda, president of Kilgore College
Ty Crutcher, president of Ranger Ambassadors
• 8:45 a.m. Preview Day Overview, Dodson Auditorium
Chris Gore, director of New Student Relations
• 8:50 a.m. Financial Aid and Scholarship, Dodson Auditorium, Annette Morgan, financial aid director, Jackie Kelley, assistant financial aid director
• 9:30 a.m. Concurrent Sessions, Manny Almanza, director of Marketing Operations and Outreach Admissions/Testing – Van Cliburn Auditorium; Staci Martin, Registrar and director of Admissions; Academic/Organization Fair- Rangerette Gym; KC Faculty, Staff and Students; Campus Life- Devall Student Center Ballroom; Dr. Mike Jenkins, vice president of Student Development
• 11:30 a.m. Campus Tours
• KC Residential Life (optional), Devall Student Center Ballroom
• 12 p.m. Conclusion of on-campus activities
• 12-2:00 p.m. Experience Kilgore, around the city of Kilgore, Texas
Visit the historic and revitalized city of Kilgore.
• 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Kilgore College Bookstore
• 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. East Texas Oilfield Museum (minimal charge)
• 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. Rangerette Showcase Museum (free)
For more information call Chris Gore at 903-988-7446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.