Funds available for transferring students

Executive Editor

Transfer scholarships are available for students through the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship.

The foundation offers a variety of college scholarship for promising high school seniors to undergraduate transfer scholarships.

Transfer scholarships are offered to community college students planning to complete a bachelor’s degree at a four-year college.

The student must be currently enrolled at an accredited community college, or at a two-year institution with sophomore status or have graduated within the last 5 years.

A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher is required.

Students can receive up to $30,000 per year. The college must be accredited in order to receive the award.

Recipients must use the award for tuition, housing, books and other required fees.

Applicants must demonstrate significant unmet financial need, which would be defined by a FAFSA and supporting documents.

For the transfer scholarship, the foundation will select up to 75 undergraduate recipients from a nationwide applicant field.

Applicants must show the educational expenses at the school of choice are greater than the scholarships or grant awards of the applicant, or the student/parent financial resources are insufficient to meet educational costs.

A student may pursue any area or discipline of study.

Deadline to apply is Nov. 5, and recipients are notified in April.

More information can be found at