Five KC instructors will retire May 31 after a combined service of 132 years:
- Patti Alford, vocational nursing instructor, 25 years;
- Dave Bugay, chemistry instructor, 36 years;
- Bettye Craddock, department chair and journalism, Flare and yearbook instructor, 29 years;
- Judy Grotefendt, department head and computer science instructor, 23 years;
- James Stueart, math instructor, 19 years.
“This is a huge loss to the institution,” said Dr. Bill Holda, KC president. “I’m glad for them and I’m glad they’re eligible for retirement. As the Baby-Boomer generation comes to retirement eligibility age, we will see a large influx of retirees.”