The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is accepting applications for its undergraduate transfer scholarship. The Foundation awards up to 60 transfer scholarships each year and awards each scholar up to $30,000.
The scholarship program provides funding for tuition, room and board, required fees, and books for the remainder of the scholar’s undergraduate degree.
Brandon Walker, math instructor, is the faculty representative in charge of KC’s nominations. Applications must be submitted to Walker by Nov. 14.
Students who are eligible for the scholarship must:
- Be a current student at an accredited US community college or two-year institution with sophomore status, OR a recent graduate (within the last five years),
- Have a cumulative college grade point average of 3.50 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent),
- Plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to begin studies in the coming fall,
- Be nominated by his or her two-year institution, and
- Have a significant unmet financial need.
“The application is rigorous but the monetary reward is substantial,” Walker said.
For more information, contact Walker at 903-988-7509 or by email at email@example.com.