Thirteen students will graduate from Class 84 of the KC Fire Academy at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13, in the Woodruff Adult Education Center Auditorium.
The KC Fire Academy is accredited by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection and the State Firemen and Fire Marshal’s Association and approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordination Board and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The academy offers certification schools for NFPA 1001 Basic Structural Firefighter I and II Certification, the Texas Volunteer certification, Fire Inspector and Fire and Arson Investigation courses.
It is also a designated institution by the Canadian Province of British Columbia.
Graduation candidates are listed by hometown as follows:
- Big Sandy: Gregory C. Dodson
- Carrollton: Joshua C. Monroe
- Canton: David A. Yager
- Edgewood: Joel H. Gammons
- Gilmer: Douglas D. Stewart
- Harleton: David K. Corrin
- Lockhart: Benford Walters
- Longview: Colby A. Williams
- Mineola: Paul D. Pearman
- Saint John, New Brunswick,Canada: Joshua M.G. Thorne
- Tyler: Michael R. Tillery
- White Oak: Anthony E. Depaepe
- Wills Point: Zachary G. Griffin